Christmas Art Trail 2007



The previous owners of the Old Sweet Factory organised the village Christmas Extravaganza and when we opened Arts Hut in 2007, expectations were high that this tradition might continue. We listened to glowing reports of road closures, festive stalls and street dancers. Having spent the past 20 years organising community events, I was less than keen. However the idea perculated and I settled on a simpler arts trail, where villagers decorate their windows and doors on a theme. It seemed a fun idea to make the village look even prettier than usual. I had not taken into account the wealth of creative talent in the village or the number of men keen to dig deep in their tool boxes, climb ladders and light their displays with olympic flare. So before I start enthusing about 'Christmas Stockings - Made in Herstmonceux' this years trail, here are a few of my favourites from the 'Angels' trail in 2007.

Comments

Popular Posts