Drawing


Spending the last few weekends up the South Downs has inspired me to paint a dozen 8 inch squared Sussex scenes by the end of October. I begin with my art books, looking at paintings I love and devise a cunning plan to paint loosely and keep to a limited palette. With pencil, biro and felt pen to hand I start by doodling in my sketchbook.

At Arts Hut I meet a lot of people who express the desire to draw and paint but for various reasons feel a bit stuck, I always recommend the book above and its sister the Complete Painting Course. Both form the backbone of Open College of the Arts Courses and are available 'used' on Amazon for a snip. Its great to have a second hand book to leave open where you are working, without worrying about the splashes.

Comments

  1. Love to see the sketch book process. I know I could make more of mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts