Can You Paint My Sighthound?

 Monoprint

Watercolour

Recently a number of people have asked me to paint their dog, so I thought I would outline how this works. I accept commissions for whippets, greyhounds and lurchers.

Stage One        A Photograph Of Your Hound
To get started you need to supply me with a photograph of your hound against a plain background. I am looking for a clear shape and need to see their eyes, ears and paws. If you are unsure what to email, a look in the sighthound section of my website will help.

Stage Two       Pick A Type of Artwork
Monoprint - Line drawing of hound using black ink on heavyweight cartridge paper, which will take two weeks to complete, supplied loose for you to take to a framer.
A4 11.7 x 8.3 inches          £95
A5 8.3 x 5.8 inches            £75
Watercolour - One colour (either black or brown) tonal painting of your hound on watercolour paper, which will take two weeks to complete, supplied loose for you to take to a framer. Same sizes and prices as monoprints
Oil Painting - Oil painting on plywood, of your hound with a background which will take six weeks to complete. Prices range from £195 - £595

Stage Three     Approval and Payment
I email you a copy of the finished artwork for approval. If satisfied you then post me a cheque for the full amount.

Stage Four       Delivery 
Once the cheque has cleared, I post your artwork first class mail.

In the unlikely event the artwork is not what you had hoped, return it within 7 days for a full refund.

If you are outside the UK, we agree in writing the additional postage cost.

Oil Painting

Any questions please shout.

Comments

  1. Nice post...I always like the guy with the 'kercheif.

    You could do a new carol to sing at the bank (to the tune "Do You Hear What I Hear?"):

    "Can you paint my sight hound?"
    (repeat)
    "Yes, I can. Send your money here...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh.

    It's the photo that is always tricky bit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts